Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week #12

Last official week of the semester! We talked about memoization and dynamic programming. Memoization is a technique to avoid redundant calls in functions. It's top down while dynamic programming is bottom up. We also talked about sorting functions again. Selection sort is more efficient than bubble sort. One strategy for sorting is to divide and conquer. Merge sort uses recursion that continually splits a list in half. It is an O(nlogn) algorithm. With tail call optimization, quick sort's efficiency can be increased. Quick sort also used the divide and conquer method. It is an O(n^2) algorithm.

This semester went by so fast. It's less than a month away from Christmas! I don't think I tried my best so I have some regrets. I shouldn't forget this feeling and try my best next semester when most of my courses start with CSC...I should also make more use out of the help center and office hours. I went to some of them but I got lazy and didn't bother asking for help. Now...time to start studying for the final (but I'll probably procrastinate again).

No comments:

Post a Comment